HydroShark – Hydro-Dynamic Particle Separator
The 3P HydroShark® hydro-dynamic particle separator removes suspended solids (SS) from the stormwater runoff. This patented and certified Proprietary Treatment Device protects surface water and groundwater infiltration systems. NJDEP certification. This device meets and exceeds all German stormwater treatment standards under DWA M153 D24 and D25. It can be used on-line or off-line, and with or without an external by-pass unit.
Available in plastic or concrete chambers. Ideal in a water quality treatment train. Simple to deploy, simple to maintain.
The incoming storm water is deflected into a radial flow pattern via a submerged plate. The swirl chamber vortex set up generates the so-called teacup effect, allowing sedimentation of suspended particles to take place. Particles sink and settle into the sludge trap below; this sludge chamber is hydraulically isolated from the main flow chamber by means of a flow breaker grate and baffle walls. Remobilisation of the settled solids during heavy rainfall events is impossible and is tested and certified as such.
The cleaned water in the outer ring of the system flows evenly upwards. A balancing toothed weir ensures that a homogeneous even flow pathway prevails and that there are no short circuit currents in the system. Lightweight materials such as oils or pollen are effectively retained because they cannot submerge beneath the separator wall. There is no head loss between the inlet and outlet pipes. The system cannot air lock. The 3P HydroShark® can be deployed to treat water from all surfaces, roof areas, car parks, roads, runways and commercial and industrial areas. Can be used to meet Simple Index from CIRIA SUDS Manual recommendations. See Simple Index Approach in Chapter 26 of C753. Treats sediment bound metals, hydrocarbons and of course TSS Fine and TSS Coarse.
Five sizes of 3P HydroShark® available, HSK1000, HSK1500, HSK2000, HSK2500, HSK3000.
How the hydro-dynamic particle separator works
- The incoming storm water is deflected into a radial flow pattern, swirl technology.
- Solids settle down into the sludge chamber, floatables are retained at the surface.
- Solids are retained in the sludge chamber below the treatment chamber. Remobilisation of retained solids is not possible, flow baffles and an isolation grill prevent this. Test data proves this.
- Cleaned water flows up the outer chamber in an even flow distribution. No short circuit pathways are possible.
- Water flows evenly over the toothed balancing weir to the annular space surrounding the treatment chamber. The absence of one outlet pipe prevents preferential pathways being generated within the treatment zone, even at high flows.
- Clean treated storm water passes to the outlet, and discharges to the water environment or the next treatment train stage.
Treatment Flow Rates (l/s) are from at least 20, 45, 80, 125 and 180 litres/second. These Treatment Water Quality Rates can be adjusted to suit site specific design treatment requirements, especially when combined with other treatment devices of feeding into a surface water treatment train of green infrastructure.
|Product Code (no chamber)* (m)||3100820||3100830||3100840||3100850||3100860|
|Shaft Diameter (m)||1||1.5||2||2.5||3|
|Connection DN (mm)||200/225||300/315||350/400||400/450||500/560|
|Hydraulic Capacity (l/s)||40||98||147||220||378|
|Sediment Storage Capacity (m3)||0.6||1.2||2.2||3.5||5|
|Oil/Debris Storage Capacity (l)||335||785||1130||2010||3140|
* available as bare insert, or pre-fitted in Chambers: PE Chamber (Product Code +PE), Concrete Chamber (Product Code +CN).
More information is available and new projects are always underway. Mitigation Indices assessed to meet project Treatment Train requirement’s. 3P HydroShark is sold through a small selected network of 3P Technik UK approved suppliers.
If you require information on our Stormwater Treatment Products please contact us or call us on 01239 623506. We do not manufacture attention tanks, chambers or infiltration systems. We specialise in Stormwater Treatment Devices.
All 3P Stormwater Treatment Products are only supplied through a small selection of trained specialised partners. If you wish to re-sell any of our range, please contact us.
HydroShark Brochure (pdf).